Junior Graphic/Visual Designer
We are seeking a Junior Visual Designer to join our San Francisco or San Jose studio to contribute to client project and internal marketing/PR campaigns. This position reports directly to our senior design leadership. In this role, is you will also have the opportunity to work closely with our team of industrial designers, UX designers, engineers and strategists.
What You’ll Do
- Collaborate with various disciplines and levels to create transformative visuals for top-tier brands
- Manage the execution of assets, typography, logos, icons and interfaces for multiple platforms
- Take ownership of work streams and collaborate openly across disciplines
- Solve problems with innovative visual solutions—push the boundaries and be adventurous
What You’ll Bring
- 2+ years of experience designing for web and mobile
- Formal design training
- Strong portfolio with engaging designs
- Proficiency in Sketch, Figma, InDesign, Illustrator, Photoshop, and InVision
Whipsaw is an Industrial Design, User Experience, and Engineering consulting firm located in San Francisco and San Jose, California. We are known for creating smart, unique and intuitive solutions that profoundly connect with end users on both a rational and emotional level. Since our founding in 1999, over 900 Whipsaw-designed products have shipped to market and many became major hits. Our clients range from startups to international corporations including Brita, Cisco, Ford, GE, Google, Haier, Intel, Leitz, Merck, Motorola, Nike, Olympus, Samsung, Sony and Uber. Whipsaw has won over 285 design awards and our products are featured in the Smithsonian Institution Cooper Hewitt Design Museum, The Henry Ford Museum, and the Chicago Athenaeum Museum of Architecture and Design.