Senior Industrial Designer
As a Senior Industrial Designer at Whipsaw you will be responsible for the creation and development of inventive, cutting-edge industrial design solutions. You will be involved in many roles, including concept creation, 3D CAD development and project leadership. Strong communication skills are necessary to act as a liaison between Whipsaw and our clients, lead the team’s everyday activities and setting expectations to drive deadlines in both our locations. You’ll need to be a self-driven problem solver with a rigorous eye for detail and the ambition to change the world.
What You’ll Do
- Collaborate with design team members to create radical, functional and aesthetic design solutions
- Communicate and interact directly with clients in a project leadership role
- Drive need finding exercises, user and client research to create meaningful design solutions
- Work with design and engineering teams to develop products that push the level of quality in both thinking and execution
- Efficiently communicate ideas visually in 3D CAD and hand sketches
What You’ll Bring
- Bachelor’s or Master’s Degree in Industrial Design
- 5+ years of professional industry experience in one or more of the following product categories: Consumer, commercial, or medical
- Deep appreciation for creative exploration and aesthetics
- Passionate about how things work, are made and a good understanding of materials and processes
- An obsession for detail while maintaining a big picture context
- Proficient in relevant design software ie: SolidWorks, Alias, Rhino, Keyshot, Adobe Creative Suite, etc.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- English proficiency
- Self-starter and team player
- Qualified candidates must be able to provide documentation to work in the United States
Whipsaw is a product innovation company with 20 years of experience turning good ideas into great products across all industries. Our multi-disciplinary team of passionate creatives collaborate with our clients to create smart, unique and intuitive solutions that profoundly connect with end users. We have locations in San Jose and San Francisco, conveniently bookending California’s innovative Silicon Valley.