Senior Graphic/Visual Designer
Whipsaw is in search of a Senior Visual Designer who will work with our team of Industrial Designers, UX Designers, Engineers and Strategists to create the visual design language and all necessary production assets for desktop and mobile applications, device user interfaces, digital and print media, corporate identity, iconography, packaging, and marketing collateral. Work will include both client projects and internal marketing/PR projects. Position can be primarily stationed in either our San Francisco or San Jose studio. This position reports directly to our CEO and Principal Designer.
What You’ll Do
- Project concept generation, definition and continuing liaison with client.
- Translate client business requirements, user needs and technical requirements into designs that are communicative, intuitive, and emotionally strong.
- Work with project managers to deliver quality content while also meeting deadlines.
- Manage and create Whipsaw marketing materials, including business presentations, website graphic assets, renderings for instagram posts and stories, event invitations, etc.
- Solve problems with innovative visual solutions that push the boundaries.
What You’ll Bring
- Minimum 5 years of professional experience (consulting experience a plus)
- Strong graphic/visual design portfolio
- Proficiency in Adobe Photoshop, Illustrator, Indesign, Sketch, Figma and WordPress.
- Strong understanding of web accessibility, responsive design, and website design.
- Good organization and communication skills
Whipsaw is an Industrial Design, User Experience, and Engineering consulting firm. We are known for creating smart, unique and intuitive solutions that profoundly connect with end users on both a rational and emotional level. Since our founding in 1999, over 900 Whipsaw-designed products have shipped to market and many became major hits. Our clients range from startups to international corporations including Brita, Cisco, Ford, GE, Google, Haier, Intel, Leitz, Merck, Motorola, Nike, Olympus, Samsung, Sony and Uber. Whipsaw has won over 285 design awards and our products are featured in the Smithsonian Institution Cooper Hewitt Design Museum, The Henry Ford Museum and the Chicago Athenaeum Museum of Architecture and Design.